What: A virtual retreat where you can hear from some of the top female minds in training for Ultimate! After the coaches panel, stick around for a Cocktail Camp with Anna Thorn (non-alcoholic cocktails included in activities!)
When: Saturday, March 13 Noon-2pm EST
Who will present and what topics will be discussed:
- Melissa Witmer (The Ultimate Athlete Project): The importance of mental training techniques and why now is a perfect time for athletes to develop these skills.
- Sofia Pereira (Best Health): The importance of respecting bio-individuality, nutrition (and budgeting tips), and how non-male athletes make the team mentally stronger.
- Fiona Mernagh (Therapy for Optimal Performance): Strength Training with Purpose: Get more out of your gym sessions by focusing on position and intent. From your big toe to your pelvis to your head, Fiona will be running through a key positional aspect of each element that you may by overlooking in training.
- Shanye Crawford (Disc/Diversity): Shanye launched Disc/Diversity in May 2020 and is attempting to change the world as an equity consultant for ultimate teams. To say it simply, she facilitates conversation and organizational planning around equity. Since August, she’s hosted over 70 zoom sessions with more than 20 teams/orgs. The other thing she does is host bi-monthly podcasts. It is her attempt to bring her private conversations on equity to the ultimate community at large.
- Anna Thorn: Anna’s Cocktail Camp is an interactive cocktail making experience with a step-by-step instructional walkthrough of cocktail building, spirit history, and general cocktail knowledge. Cocktail Camp breaks down the barrier of pretension, and provides an easy and light-hearted approach to crafting cocktails at home.
Why: All proceeds will be going to Disc Diversity and Cocktail Camp. Support organizations in our community!
Cost: Suggested donation is $15 per screen. Per screen meaning that if you have multiple people who will be participating through one screen (like housemates) you can register, and donate, according to one individual screen cost.
Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns about the event.